Stomach cancer is a cancerous tumor that usually develops in the lining of the stomach wall and can spread rapidly through the body Medical Syndromes.
There are approximately 10,000 new cases of stomach cancer per year in the United Kingdom.
An early diagnosis is rare, because the symptoms in general terms are mild and vague and, therefore, overlooked and by the time people seek medical help, many times the cancer has already expanded.
It is important to note that any stomach symptoms, such as sudden dyspepsia in middle age, should be investigated.
The symptoms of stomach cancer, usually, include:
- Discomfort in the upper abdomen, dyspepsia and heartburn
- Stomach pain after eating, which is not relieved by antacids and lasts more than a few weeks
- Loss of appetite and weight
- Nausea and vomiting
- Black stools.
In many cases anemia develops due to chronic minor bleeding from the stomach lining. Later you will feel distension in the upper abdomen.
The risk increases in smokers and also if a diet rich in sausages, smoked, salted or alcohol is followed. Gastric polyps and infections caused by H. pylori bacteria also increase options
To diagnose stomach cancer
Your doctor can schedule an endoscopy, in which a thin flexible tube is used to observe and examine the lining of your stomach. During the procedure, tissue samples are taken in the abnormal areas of the stomach lining and are tested for the presence of cancer cells.
A barium test can also be used, in which a liquid mixture of this substance is swallowed to clearly show the stomach by X-rays.
The doctor may order blood tests to look for a sign of anemia, which may indicate that there has been bleeding in the stomach lining.
If a diagnosis of stomach cancer is confirmed, more research, such as a CT scan and blood test, may be done to find out if the cancer has spread to other organs.
Prevent stomach cancer with natural remedies
– Consume several cloves of raw garlic a day Garlic produces two important compounds that contain sulfur, allicin and alliin, which according to research, inhibit the growth of cancer cells or tumors in the inner lining of the stomach.
– Take a cup of infusion of Andrographis paniculata daily. This is a plant native to India and China and is very effective in the fight against infections, including AIDS and cancer especially stomach. The surprising anti-cancer properties of this herb inhibit the multiplication of cancer cells. It is a plant that is usually obtained in capsules in botanical pharmacies. In those cases, you should take 200 mg a day.
– Consume 3 cups of green tea a day. This remedy has surprising anti-cancer properties due to the presence of two eminent antioxidant compounds – catechins and polyphenols that fight cancer.
– Ingest 1 glass of carrot juice daily. It is considered that the carrot is an anticancer agent that reduces disorganized cell growth.
Do not abuse red meat, as it is rich in saturated fats (which favor the appearance of several types of cancer, such as stomach and breast).
Prefer boiled potatoes that are fried When potatoes are fried they generate acrylamide, a substance that has been recognized as carcinogenic. To avoid this, cook them in another way: boiled, baked, etc. They will also be less caloric, which reduces the risk of overweight.
In case it is detected and treated early, stomach cancer presents a good | percentage of improvement. Certain countries, in which stomach cancer is common, such as Japan, have effective programs for the early detection of this disease. In these countries, 4 out of 5 people treated with surgery, approximately, are alive five years after diagnosis.