Cooking with blue cheese can add a really neat flavor to your dishes, and give you something a little bit different to serve to family and friends.
If you are looking for something to add an interesting flavor to many of the dishes you prepare, you should think about incorporating blue cheese into your dishes French Raclette Cheese. You can get really creative in the kitchen when you are cooking with cheese, and this cheese that is marbled with blue lines will add a whole new element to your meals that you can’t get from any other type of cheese.
Here are a few recipe ideas you can try that use this delicious cheese for added flavor and texture:
- If you are a pasta lover, you can make a delicious sauce using your cheese, green onions, and chopped pears that have been tossed with lemon juice, along with some hot chicken or beef broth. This is a really tasty sauce to have with all types of pasta, and if you add some chicken or port, you have a really awesome gourmet-style meal, without the gourmet prices.
- The next time you are barbecuing, instead of using cheddar or American cheese for your burgers, try making a different kind of blue cheese burger instead. To get the flavor of the cheese all through the meat, make a ball of ground beef, and create a well in the middle. Add the cheese, and cover it with the meat when you are forming the patty. Cook as you normally would on the barbecue, or on the stove.
- Crumble some cheese and add it to salads. It gives a really nice flavor to any salad, and if you want, you can even make a salad dressing with cheese added to get the full effect of the delicious flavor of the cheese.
- Make tasty snacks with your cheese. You can coat fruits, such as grapes, pear chunks, etc., coat them with the cheese, then roll them in chopped nuts for a quick and easy snack. Or, use softened cheese to fill pitted olives, and serve with your favorite crackers.
- Use salad oil, vinegar, spices and cheese to make a delicious salad dressing in just a few minutes. Some seasonings that taste great in this type of dressing include garlic, pepper, onion chives and paprika.
There are so many things you can do with cheese, and if you love to cook and have a good imagination, you will never run out of ideas for delicious meals and snacks. The next time you are in the dairy aisle of your local grocery store, or you are at the deli, ask for something different in cheese, and start adding it to your meals. You will wonder why you didn’t do this sooner, because this cheese is incredibly tasty, not to mention good for you too. Make sure that you include some delicious blue cheese in your next grocery order.